Correct way of applying Visual Studio 2008 SP1

Visual Studio family contains many products. The VS 2008 SP1 released a few months ago have fixes for all products in the family. An incorrect order of applying the service pack usually lead VS products into an inconsistent state. The most common issue I see is that a particular method/type in a VS assembly can't be found.

In Visual Studio 2008 SP1, we have fixes for

  1. Visual Studio IDE.
  2. Team Explorer.
  3. Load Test Controller.
  4. Load Test Agent.

See KB 950264 for detailed description.

When applying the SP1, only fixes for already installed products are applied. For example, you might have installed Visual Studio 2008, then applied the SP1, latter you installed the load test controller on the same machine, then fixes for the test controller would not be applied unless you install the SP1 again.

So, the correct order of applying the SP1 is to install the SP1 at the latest. If you applied the SP1 and later installed a new product in the above list, then you should apply the SP1 again.

6 comments:

iPhone Cases February 9, 2011 at 11:25 PM

Thank you for sharing this great post!

Anonymous February 9, 2011 at 11:26 PM

2945abc45 0210

fdhty April 23, 2013 at 6:43 PM

The bravery of each bull is then rated with care according to the number of times he demonstrates his willingness to charge in spite of the sting of the blade Runescape gp, Henceforth will I recognize that each day I am tested by life in like manner. If I persist, if I continue to try, if I continue to charge forward, I will succeed rs gp, Your future depends on your dreams Runescape2 Gold. So go to sleep. Do not keep anything for a special occasion..

I love you not for the things you would bring to me but to accept everything you could bring Cheap Minecraft Gift Code, he true love is not for showing, but I am sure that even if all other people abandon me, you will still be my side Buy Xbox Live Points, I love you not because of who you are, but because of who I am when I am with you Ultimate Game Card

Unknown July 15, 2015 at 9:08 PM

The article you have shared here very awesome. I really like and appreciated your work. I read deeply your article, the points you have mentioned in this article are useful
Signature:
i like play games friv4 online and play games 2 girls Download baixar facebook movel

Andre October 30, 2019 at 3:04 AM

Kunjungi Situs Gaming Online dengan deposit termurah, proses tercepat dan penarikan tanpa batas maksimal, Daftar Sekarang disini:

Judi Bola Tangkas
Agen Bola Tangkas Asia
Asia Tangkas
Tangkas Asia

Samantha Charles February 29, 2020 at 12:29 AM

Thank you very much for sharing such a useful article. Will definitely saved and revisit your site Rent Copier